Software End User License Agreement
Software End User License Agreement
Last Updated: December 13, 2023.
This Software End User License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is a binding agreement between Eberle Design Inc. (“Licensor” or “EDI ”) and the person or entity downloading, accepting, and/or accessing the Software pursuant to this Agreement (“Licensee”) and as identified in the corresponding Sales Order form.
LICENSOR PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE SOLELY ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND ON THE CONDITION THAT LICENSEE ACCEPTS AND COMPLIES WITH THEM. BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON AND/OR DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE YOU (A) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT LICENSEE IS LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS; AND (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT: (I) YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; AND (II) IF LICENSEE IS A CORPORATION, GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF LICENSEE AND BIND LICENSEE TO ITS TERMS. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSOR WILL NOT AND DOES NOT LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO LICENSEE AND YOU MUST NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR ACCESS THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR OR LICENSEE’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, NO LICENSE IS GRANTED (WHETHER EXPRESSLY, BY IMPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR’S SOFTWARE.
- Definitions. For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Authorized Users” means solely those employees or contractors of Licensee permitted by Licensee to use the Software pursuant to the license granted under this Agreement and who are bound by the provisions hereof.
“Data” means information collected by the Software including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information of Authorized Users, Authorized User activity, analytic information relating to use, photos, digital images, video, operative information of the Software and its associated devices (including, but not limited to, battery charge, LED functionality, device functionality, temperature readings, impact assessments, measurements, readings, and metrics).
“Device” means the hardware product provided by EDI that is operable through the Software.
“Documentation” means user manuals, technical manuals, and any other materials provided by Licensor, in printed, electronic, or other form, that describe the installation, operation, use, or technical specifications of the Software.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all registered and unregistered rights granted, applied for, or otherwise now or hereafter in existence under or related to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, database protection, or other intellectual property rights laws, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection, in any part of the world.
“Licensee” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Licensor” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited liability company, governmental authority, unincorporated organization, trust, association, or other entity.
“Software” means the software programs for which Licensee is receiving a license hereunder.
“Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 10.
“Third Party” means any Person other than Licensee or Licensor.
“Update” has the meaning set forth in Section 7(a).
- License Grant and Scope. Subject to and conditioned upon Licensee’s strict compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited license during the Term to use, solely by and through its Authorized Users, the Software and Documentation, solely as set forth in this Section 2 and subject to all conditions and limitations set forth in Section 4 or elsewhere in this Agreement. This Agreement does not give Licensee any right to use or modify the Data for any commercial purpose not identified in this Agreement. Licensor retains exclusive ownership of the Software and Data. There are no implied rights or licenses granted under this Agreement, and all rights not expressly licensed to Licensee are reserved by Licensor. No source code of any kind if licensed to Licensee hereunder, and Licensor will have no obligation to make any source code available to Licensee. This license grants Licensee the right, exercisable solely by and through Licensee’s Authorized Users, to:
- Access the Software in accordance with the Documentation if the Software is an application licensed to Licensee in connection with Licensee’s purchase of a product from Licensor;
- If the Software is to be downloaded, then in accordance with the Documentation, download and install one (1) copy of the Software on one (1) computer owned or leased, and controlled by, Licensee. Subject to Section 5, all Authorized Users may use such copy. In addition to the foregoing, Licensee has the right to make one copy of the Software solely for archival and backup purposes, provided that Licensee shall not, and shall not allow any Person to, install or use such copy other than if and for so long as the copy installed in accordance with the preceding sentence is inoperable and, provided, further, that Licensee uninstalls and otherwise deletes such inoperable copy. All copies of the Software made by the Licensee:
- will be the exclusive property of the Licensor;
- will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
- must include all trademark, copyright, patent, and other Intellectual Property Rights notices contained in the original.
- Use and run the Software as properly installed in accordance with this Agreement and the Documentation, solely as set forth in the Documentation and solely for Licensee’s internal business purposes. Such use is permitted only on the computer or product on which the Software is installed, at the physical location thereof.
- Download or otherwise make one (1) copy of the Documentation per copy of the Software permitted to be downloaded and installed in accordance with this Agreement and use such Documentation, solely in support of its licensed use of the Software in accordance herewith. All copies of the Documentation made by Licensee:
- will be the exclusive property of Licensor;
- will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
- must include all trademark, copyright, patent, and other Intellectual Property Rights notices contained in the original.
- Third-Party Materials. The Software may include software, content, data, or other materials, including related documentation, that are owned by Persons other than Licensor and that are provided to Licensee on licensee terms that are in addition to and/or different from those contained in this Agreement (“Third-Party Licenses”). Licensee is bound by and shall comply with all Third-Party Licenses. Any breach by Licensee or any of its Authorized Users of any Third-Party License is also a breach of this Agreement.
- Use Restrictions. Licensee shall not, and shall require its Authorized Users not to, directly or indirectly:
- use (including make any copies of) the Software or Documentation beyond the scope of the license granted under Section 2;
- provide any other Person, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, with access to or use of the Software or Documentation;
- modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software, Device, Data, or Documentation or any part thereof;
- combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
- remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices provided on or with the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
- except as expressly set forth in Section 2(a) and Section 2(d), copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, provide access to, reproduce, transmit, display, or participate in any rent, lease, sale, sublicense, assignment, distribution, publication, transfer, provision of access to, reproduction, transmission, or display of the Software or Data, or any features or functionality of the Software, to any Third Party for any reason, whether or not over a network or on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet or any web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
- use or encourage or enable the use of the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
- use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
- Responsibility for Use of Software and Device. Licensee is responsible and liable for all uses of the Software, Device, and Documentation through access thereto provided by Licensee, directly or indirectly. Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Licensee is responsible and liable for all actions and failures to take required actions with respect to the Software, Device, and Documentation by its Authorized Users or by any other Person to whom Licensee or an Authorized User may provide access to or use of the Software and/or Documentation, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement. Licensee warrants and represents its acknowledgment and acceptance that the Software and Devices may make use of Bluetooth and related device communication tools and peripherals to collect, process and communicate Data. As such, Licensor shall make use of trusted third-party cloud service providers and related infrastructure support. In addition, Software and Devices report and communicate Data at regular intervals, which may vary or be subject to change. Licensee relies upon timeliness of Data at its own risk. Licensor shall not be liable for any failure or delay for Device to communicate with or share Data by use of Bluetooth, network connection or other medium. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may be blocked, prevented, or otherwise restricted from accessing the Device and the Data thereon by virtue of a connection to Device interface, and Licensee agrees that, at the request of Licensor, Licensee shall take reasonable actions as necessary to migrate to an alternative method for Device updates as needed and as directed by Licensor. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor has no responsibility for providing Licensee with any support, maintenance, updates, upgrades, or other enhancements to the Device, Data, or Software, and that Licensor is under no obligation to create any updates, upgrades, or enhancements to the Device, Data, or Software. Licensor further reserves the right to discontinue the availability of, update, upgrade, enhance, and/or change all or any portion of the Data at any time in its sole discretion and without liability to Licensee.
- Compliance Measures.
- The Software may contain technological copy protection or other security features designed to prevent unauthorized use of the Software, including features to protect against any use of the Software that is prohibited under Section 4. Licensee shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features.
- During the Term, Licensor may, in Licensor’s sole discretion, audit Licensee’s use of the Software to ensure Licensee’s compliance with this Agreement. Licensor also may, in its sole discretion, audit Licensee’s systems within twelve months after the end of the Term to ensure Licensee has ceased use of the Software and removed all copies of the Software from such systems as required hereunder. Licensee shall fully cooperate with Licensor’s personnel conducting such audits and provide all access requested by Licensor to Licensee’s records, systems, equipment, information, and personnel, including machine IDs, serial numbers, and related information.
- If any of the measures taken or implemented under this Section 6 determines that the Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement then if the use exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement by more than five percent, Licensee shall also pay to Licensor, within thirty days following the date of Licensor’s written request therefor, Licensor’s costs incurred in conducting the audit.
- Licensor’s remedies set forth in this Section 6 are cumulative and are in addition to, and not in lieu of, all other remedies the Licensor may have at law or in equity, whether under this Agreement or otherwise.
- Maintenance and Support.
- Subject to Section 7(c), the license granted hereunder entitles Licensee to updates, upgrades, bug fixes, patches, and other error corrections (collectively, “Updates”) as Licensor may make generally available free of charge to all licensees of the Software. Licensor may develop and provide Updates in its sole discretion, and Licensee agrees that Licensor has no obligation to develop any Updates at all or for particular issues. Licensee further agrees that all Updates will be deemed Software, and related documentation will be deemed Documentation, all subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may provide some or all Updates via download from a website designated by Licensor and that Licensee’s receipt thereof will require an internet connection, which connection is Licensee’s sole responsibility. Licensor has no obligation to provide Updates via any other media. Maintenance services do not include any new version or new release of the Software that Licensor may issue as a separate or new product, and Licensor may determine whether any issuance qualifies as a new version, new release, or Update in its sole discretion.
- While Licensor may, at its option, provide support for the Software from time to time at Licensee’s request, this Agreement does not entitle Licensee to any service levels or support for the Software.
- Licensor has no obligation to provide Updates:
- for any but the most current version or release of the Software;
- for any copy of Software for which all previously issued Updates have not been installed;
- if Licensee is in breach under this Agreement; or
- for any Software that has been modified other than by or with the authorization of Licensor, or that is being used with any hardware, software, configuration, or operating system not specified in the Documentation.
- Collection and Use of Data. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of Third Parties, collect and store Data regarding use of the Device and Software and about equipment on which the Software is installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used. Licensee agrees that the Licensor may use such Data for any purpose related to any use of the Software by Licensee or on Licensee’s equipment, including but not limited to improving the performance of the Software or developing Updates and verifying Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing the Licensor’s rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Software. In addition, Licensor maintains all rights and elections to entitle Licensor to share, sell, or distribute Data to third parties for any reason permitted under applicable law. All Data may be collected, processed, and stored in the United States and/or Canada, as permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
- Intellectual Property Rights; Feedback.
- Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software and Documentation are provided under license, and not sold, to Licensee. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Software or Documentation under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto, other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions under this Agreement. Licensor and its licensors and service providers reserve and shall retain their entire ownership, right, title, and interest in and to the Software, Data, and all Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or relating to the Software or Data, except as expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. Licensee shall safeguard all Software and Data (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. Licensee shall promptly notify Licensor if Licensee becomes aware of any infringement of the Licensor’s Intellectual Property Rights in the Software and fully cooperate with Licensor, at Licensor’s sole expense, in any legal action taken by Licensor to enforce its Intellectual Property Rights.
- If Licensee or any of its Authorized Users sends or transmits any communications or materials to Licensor through the Software or by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Software, including without limitation, new features or functionality, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (collectively, “Feedback”), Licensor is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the parties governing such Feedback. Licensee assigns to Licensor on Licensee’s behalf, and on behalf of its employees, contractors, and/or agents, all right, title, and interest in, and Licensor is free to use, copy, disclose, license, distribute, and exploit, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although Licensor is not required to use any Feedback.
- Term and Termination.
- This Agreement and the license granted hereunder shall remain in effect until terminated as set forth herein (the “Term”).
- Licensee may terminate this Agreement by ceasing to use and destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation.
- Licensor may terminate this Agreement if Licensee ceases to be a customer of any of Licensor’s products to which the Software relates.
- Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective upon written notice to Licensee, if Licensee breaches this Agreement and such breach: (i) is incapable of cure; or (ii) being capable of cure, remains uncured for thirty days after Licensor provides written notice thereof.
- Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately, if Licensee files, or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or pursuant to any other insolvency law, makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors or applies for, or consents to, the appointment of a trustee, receiver, or custodian for a substantial part of its property.
- Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, the license granted hereunder shall also terminate, and Licensee shall cease using and destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation.
- Disclaimers. THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED TO LICENSEE “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, LICENSOR PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL MEET THE LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:
- IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE; LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS; DELAYS, INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF SERVICES, BUSINESS, OR GOODWILL; LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; LOSS RESULTING FROM SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICE FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, OR SHUTDOWN; FAILURE TO ACCURATELY TRANSFER, READ, OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION; FAILURE TO UPDATE OR PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION; SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY OR PROVISION OF INCORRECT COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION; OR BREACHES IN SYSTEM SECURITY; OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LICENSOR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’, INCLUDING ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS’ AND SERVICE PROVIDERS’, COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENTOR ITS SUBJECT MATTER, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO THE LICENSOR PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 12(a) AND SECTION 12(b) SHALL APPLY EVEN IF THE LICENSEE’S REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Indemnification. Licensee shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at Licensor’s option, defend Licensor from any Losses resulting from any third-party claim based on Licensee’s, Authorized User’s, or any third party’s (to whom Licensee sold the Software and/or Device, with explicit written authorization) (i) negligence or willful misconduct; (ii) use of the Software and/or Device in a manner not authorized by this Agreement; (iii) use of the Software and/or Device in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by Licensor or authorized by Licensor in writing; (iv) reliance or non-reliance upon the Software, Data, or Device, as well as any inferences made from Software, Data, or Device; or (v) modifications to the Software and/or Device not made by Licensor, provided that Licensee may not settle any such claim against Licensor unless Licensor consents to such settlement, and further provided that Licensor will have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such claim or to participate in its defense by counsel of its own choice.
- Export Regulation. The Software and Documentation may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. The Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software or Documentation to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. The Licensee shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software or Documentation available outside the US.
- US Government Rights. The Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if the Licensee is the US Government or any contractor therefor, Licensee shall receive only those rights with respect to the Software and Documentation as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
- App Store Sourced Application.
- With respect to the Software accessed or downloaded from the Apple App Store (“App Store Sourced Application”), Licensee will use the App Store Sourced Application only on an Apple-branded product that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software) that Licensee owns or controls, and as permitted by the “Usage Rule” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service. Licensor reserves all rights in and to the Software not expressly granted to Licensee under this Agreement.
- Licensee acknowledges and agrees that (i) this Agreement is valid between Licensee and Licensor only, (ii) Apple is not a party to this Agreement other than as a third-party beneficiary as contemplated below, and (iii) Licensor, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application content.
- Scope of License. The license granted to Licensee for the App Store Sources Application is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App Store Sources Application on any Apple device that Licensee owns or controls and only as permitted by the Usage Rules.
- Maintenance and Support. Licensee acknowledges that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services to Licensee with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. Licensor is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application, as specified herein or as required under applicable law.
- Licensor is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, Licensee may notify Apple and Apple will refund the purchase price of the App Store Sourced Application to Licensee. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Licensor’s sole responsibility.
- Product Claims. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in this Agreement, Licensee and Licensor acknowledge that Licensor, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any of Licensee’s claims or any third-party claims relating to the App Store Sourced Application or Licensee’s possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights. Licensee and Licensor acknowledge and agree that if the App Store Sourced Application, or Licensee’s possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, infringes on a third-party’s intellectual property rights, Licensee will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims. Licensor is solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- Legal Compliance. Licensee represents and warrants that (i) Licensee is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) Licensee is not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Developer Name and Address. Licensor’s name and agent’s address is as follows: EDI Engineering, Inc., 3510 E Atlanta Avenue Phoenix, Arizona USA 85040 and Licensor’s contact information to which Licensee’s questions, complaints, or claims with respect to the App Store Sourced Application should be directed as follows: +1 480 968 6407
- Third-Party Terms of Agreement: Licensee acknowledges and agrees that it must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
- Third-Party Beneficiary. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this subsection of the Agreement regarding App Store Sourced Applications, and that, upon Licensee’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this subsection of the Agreement regarding App Store Sourced Applications against Licensee as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Arizona, USA, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby shall be instituted in the courts in Phoenix, Arizona, USA, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such legal suit, action, or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice, or other document by mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action, or other proceeding brought in any such court.
- Licensor will not be responsible or liable to Licensee, or deemed in default or breach hereunder by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder where such failure or delay is due to strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, riot, rebellion, invasion, epidemic, pandemic, hostilities, war, terrorist attack, embargo, natural disaster, acts of God, flood, fire, sabotage, fluctuations or non-availability of electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning, or Licensee equipment, loss and destruction of property, or any other circumstances or causes beyond Licensor’s reasonable control.
- Licensee shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law, or otherwise, without Licensor’s prior written consent, which consent Licensor may give or withhold in its sole discretion. No delegation or other transfer will relieve Licensee of any of its obligations or performance under this Agreement. Any purported assignment, delegation, or transfer in violation of this Section 15(d) is void. Licensor may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer all or any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement without Licensee’s consent. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer on any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
- This Agreement may only be amended, modified, or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
- If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
- For purposes of this Agreement, (a) the words “include,” “includes,” and “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”; (b) the word “or” is not exclusive; and (c) the words “herein,” “hereof,” “hereby,” “hereto,” and “hereunder” refer to this Agreement as a whole. Unless the context otherwise requires, references herein: (x) to Sections, Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits refer to the Sections of, and Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits attached to, this Agreement; (y) to an agreement, instrument, or other document means such agreement, instrument, or other document as amended, supplemented, and modified from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof and (z) to a statute means such statute as amended from time to time and includes any successor legislation thereto and any regulations promulgated thereunder. This Agreement shall be construed without regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted.
- The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.