Eberle Design Inc. (EDI) is looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to join its product development group. EDI has designed and manufactured reliable, high quality products for the transportation and traffic control industry for over 40 years, and is the dominant market leader in this segment. Because of rapid growth, an opening for an experienced hardware engineer is available.
This multi-disciplined position is focused on new product development requiring hardware design skills, some analog skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability and interest to follow a project through, from inception to production and support.
The ideal candidate can switch between basic, intermediate and advanced hardware design/debug. The ideal candidate will also have a successful track record in product design utilizing IPC and DFMA design guidelines. Strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills are very desirable. Some interaction with customers and product support may be required.
● Design and develop hardware for a wide range of products in the traffic control market.
● Perform multi-layer circuit design ranging from digital microprocessor systems to switch-mode power supplies.
● Perform schematic capture, circuit design, PCB layout, board debug and logic analyzers.
● Take projects through the entire product lifecycle management process (PLM), from inception, to high level design, to final production release, service and post-mortem analysis.
● Perform IC and passive component qualification.
● Be comfortable interacting with customers and product support, if needed.
Requirements and Skills
● B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
● Minimum 7 years’ experience in hardware design and debugging.
● Experience working with microcontrollers in performing board level debugging.
● Working understanding of hardware design using DFMA and IPC design guidelines.
● Must be comfortable testing products using common lab instruments (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.).
● Must be able to read and maintain existing designs with ease.
● Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, open environment.
● Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment, but also perform and prioritize tasks independently.
● Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
● Experience with PADS or Eagle design environments is a plus.
● Experience with Solidworks is a plus.
● Experience writing assembly and/or C code for microcontrollers or in FPGA development is a plus.
● Experience using Confluence and Jira is a plus.
● Hands-on experience with tools like MATLAB, LabVIEW, etc., is highly desirable.
At EDI you will be in a fast paced engineering environment, working on several projects for widely varying end products, implementing the very latest technologies, microcontrollers and sensors, while being directly exposed to new applications in the intelligent transportation market.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER